Thanksgiving in America is an important time for family, tradition, and food. Italians embrace these same elements in their everyday life and also look forward to family traditions that revolve around food!
At Pinocchio’s Italian Eatery we add Italian influence to American dishes all year-round, striving to take our meals to the next level with incredible tasting food. At Thanksgiving, our focus is on embracing and enhancing American holiday menus with an Italian flair!
From our family to yours, we’d like to share our Italian twist on classic Thanksgiving dishes that you can try at home this year. Do you have other Italian dishes as part of your Thanksgiving celebration? We’d love for you to share them in the comments below!
Antipasto ~ Appetizers
The antipasto starts off our Thanksgiving meal with a selection of warm and cold appetizers. Our holiday celebration gets underway with unique Italian-American dishes that include:
- Artichoke Dip with toasted crostini bread.
- Antipasto Salad of salami, ham, pepperoni, olives, tomato, cheese & fresh greens.
- Caprese Salad with fresh mozzarella, Roma tomatoes, and fresh basil drizzled with olive oil and a balsamic glaze.
- Mozzarella Moons pan sautéed and olive oil.
Primo ~ 1st Course
In Italy, the first course, or primo, is served as another appetizer option to keep the festivities moving. While dishes can include soup, rice, or polenta, we put a twist on our menu with other options for guests that include:
- Stuffed Portabella Mushroom filled with artichokes, sundried tomatoes, and cheese baked with asiago and served with crostini bread.
- Spicy Toasted Ravioli sautéed and served with sundried tomato cream.
- Caramelized Onion & Asiago Ravioli with warm bacon and onion balsamic.
Secondo ~ Main Course
Historically, whole turkeys can be a challenge to find in Italy, much less roast in a small kitchen oven. Our twist on the main course portion of our Thanksgiving meal makes this a real, Italian-inspired celebration!
- Eggplant Parmesana with served with freshly cooked spaghetti pasta.
- Homemade Meat Lasagna freshly made to order.
- Rosemary Chicken breast sautéed with rosemary garlic sauce and served with pasta and asparagus.
- Homemade Manicotti served with our own ricotta cheese blend, spinach, and onion.
Contorno ~ Side Dishes
The side dishes served with any holiday meal can really make a family gathering special. We like to mix up our sides at Thanksgiving with offerings that blend cultures and tastes.
- Balsamic Asparagus served warm with balsamic lightly drizzled on top.
- Spinach Salad with applewood bacon, red onion, chevre, fresh fruit, and warm balsamic dressing.
- Pesto Bowties with mushroom, sundried tomato, and onion.
Dolce ~ Dessert
Desserts served at the end of the Thanksgiving celebration reflect the variety, abundance, and fortune in our lives. We savor the end of our holiday meal with flavors from different regions across Italy and with a selection of dishes for everyone.
- Italian Lemon Cake that is dense but light, with a lemon glaze topping.
- Tiramisu with mascarpone cheese, brandy, and coffee infused cookies.
- Homemade Spumoni layered ice cream with fruit and nuts.
- Italian Crème Cake that is authentic and freshly made with butter cream cheese icing.